The adult tennis development program is geared differently from the youth program as there is more responsibility on the adult as for what direction they want to go with tennis. The coaches do not have any requirements for the adults, as most adults are playing recreationally.
When adults join the class they will explain to the instructors why they are joining the class and what their goals are with joining the class. Many adults join for different reasons ranging from playing in leagues, to wanting to be able to simply rally with their significant others.
- Ages 18-90
- The yellow ball is the last type of ball to reach, this ball has more pressure than any other ball, bouncing and traveling too fast for most kids under 11, requiring quick reactions and movement to get to the ball. These balls are also much heavier than the others, the player must be capable of generating enough power to hit the ball to the other side of the court.
- Full court 78 ft court
How much do tennis lessons cost? In San Jose CA Bay Area Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA
Three of the most common cases of adults
People who are complete beginners, who have no experience, and struggle to be able to hit the ball over the net. Most people who come to our clinics and lessons at this level, are firstly concerned about being able to rally with other players, or a particular partner they have in mind.
Another common case is an adult who has been playing for years and has developed bad habits which they can’t seem to get away from. This is a tough situation for players who are self taught, as all of a sudden they may not be able to get the ball in from a small habit that has developed over time. When this occurs it takes a lot of repetition in order to work the bad habit out of the swing.
Adults who play in a competitive league and are looking to increase their ranking are the most advanced of adult players who typically come to clinics and lessons. At this stage in their tennis career, they are less focused on fundamentals, and more concentrated on game strategy, increasing their arsenal of strokes, and adding more intensity to their match playing.
General Objectives for adult tennis players
- Acquire fundamental ground strokes forehand and backhand.
- Begin learning basic classic serve.
- Start learning volleys and overheads
- Build coordination, and ball control.
- Begin learning to rally with the instructor
- Learn the stance of ready position.
- Use side shuffle, cross-over steps
- Recovering after every stroke hit.
Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA Seydou Tennis offers free kids juniors adult programming at San Jose CA
The 10 Best Tennis Lessons for kids adults in San Jose CA, Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA
- More focus on being able to hold a rally with another player.
- Understand positioning for doubles.
- Learn the match rules and the court positioning for a tennis game.
- Begin learning fundamental tactics involved in rallies
- Develop placing the serve.
- Learn to hit topspin on forehand and backhand.
- Learn how to track the ball, and then react quickly using aforementioned footwork
- Learn how to return serves.
- Begin learning split step technique.
Beginner tennis lessons in San Jose CA| Where can I play tennis in San Jose CA
- Spin serves: topspin, sidespin, and kick.
- Offensive shots such as: drop shot, flat forehand, approach shot, etc.
- Learn first serve
- Add more power in your strokes using weight distribution, shoulder rotation, and wrist whip.
- Learn game strategy: identifying opponent’s weaknesses, using your strengths, recognizing critical points, etc.
- Learn how to take advantage of the opponent’s second serve.
- Learn how to reduce how weak your defensive shot is by placing the ball deeper.
- Learn how to get out of a defensive situation and turn it into offense.
- How to reflect the ball in order to use the other player’s power against them.
- Learn to control your mental attitude and not allow the player to see doubt.
- How to have control over your physical and verbal behaviors
The general objective for all students is to recognize that tennis is a game, and we play tennis for and with the love of the game. The objective of the game is not only to win, but to enjoy playing, and enjoy yourself, winning will come as a result of this. When you enjoy playing, you will organically learn better, play better, try harder, and the coach will enjoy teaching you, while your parents enjoy watching you.
The coach doesn’t expect the student to be able to learn tennis quickly however, they do expect to see you trying as hard to develop as a tennis player. Students will be committed to tennis not because they have to be, but because they themselves want to grow, have fun, and have ambition for the sport. It is important to have a positive attitude, even when you can’t win, in order to learn from the experience and bring it into your future experiences. Having a negative attitude will not lead to any form of benefit, it will only add factors such as stress, and doubt to your game.
Never stop believing in yourself.
Packages for clinics must be purchased separately for each student
Tennis Camp & tennis lessons Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA
Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA Book Tennis Lessons on Your Local Court San Jose CA
If you have need to receive a quote ask one of our coaches for an estimate
|The first clinic a player attends||50% off the class|
|Family member discount
(applies to all additional family member’s pclinics attending classes)
|15% off one player’s package and drop in fee|
|Friend Referral||15% off one clinic
for the player who is referring the clinic to their friend.
Bay Team Tennis Academy Where to learn how to play tennis like a pro in San Jose CA, Bay Area
Top 10 Best Tennis Lessons in San Jose CA, Seydou Tennis Class, Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA
Bay Team Tennis Academy is a youth and adults tennis training academy, specialized to train and develop players who are looking to excel in their game.
Our program is designed to suit players from any age group and level of play, whether they are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player. We focus on fundamental skills for beginners and intermediate players by improving their technical and tactical skills. These are the fundamentals of the game, and through a 4 step method used by our tennis coaches starting with ball dropping, hand tossing, racket feeding, and rallies, we develop their skills targeting their errors in specified drills. Each clinic we train our players on a particular skill or stroke, using equipment and the correct court size/ball level in order to give them a chance to hit the ball and work on that given stroke.
With the support of our partners, the USTA( United States Tennis Association ) providing us with training equipment. All tennis courts used for the weekly clinics and seasonal camps are reserved through Facilitron, which allows us to continue developing our players by assuring us the use of the courts we need.
We run multiple programs all year long such as the weekly youth and adult clinics, private tennis lessons, seasonal camps, our self run tournaments, and other programs which you can see in the programs section of this website. We aim to create a world where players from different experience and playing backgrounds gather for the same objective; to learn, receive good practice, and master their skills to build confidence for a stronger, competitive mindset. We are here to put players on the right path and are committed to players success in what goals they have.
At Bay Team Tennis Academy we help players build their game as players benefit from the coaches attention and care. With our support, our students achieve the strength and stability they need to build a better game for themselves. Through our strategic plan, Bay Team Tennis Academy serves players to attain their goals ,we strive to give every player the opportunity to discover the game and learn it in an enthusiastic environment. The goal is make them play with passion with experienced coaches dedicated to working with them to open doors of success. We are here to welcome a new generation of players and help them usher in the next era of tennis. Check out our program to learn more about what we are doing.
Some of our revenues go to our foundation to support orphans and helpless children in Western Africa by offering tennis and education. Each year we organize training camps and tournaments in the Ivory Coast to help children who don’t get the opportunity to play tennis by making donations in tennis equipment and food. You can support our foundation by making a donation to make an impact in some other children’s lives.
Bay Team Tennis Academy San Jose CA Adult Tennis Programs San Jose CA | Advance kids Tennis Clubs
Are private tennis lessons worth it? Kids Tennis lesson private coach in San Jose CA